Despite the Covid-19 crisis, the brokerage market is very active, with a general increase in interest in boating at most levels. Find out how we are working to keep you safely buying and selling boats below.
Here at Clarke and Carter we take the health of our customers and team seriously, and have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment to ensure we are Covid Secure. This has resulted in a number of changes to how we operate, and we will continue to assess and take any necessary measures in the future to ensure we are still working to Government guidelines. Please see below for some of the most important changes and how they may effect you:
- Our offices are still manned 6 days a week, however, we will have more team members working from home
- Keys are sanitised between all viewings, and we are cleaning contact areas such as door handles regularly
- All viewings are by appointment at all locations, with morning and afternoon viewing slots to reduce airborne risk
- We encourage you to wear disposable gloves when viewing to reduce the risk of contact contamination
- It is now law that you must wear a mask in our offices, and we will wear them when in the office with you too
- We are controlling customer numbers to limit how many customers are in our offices at any one time
- If you would prefer not to enter our office just say, we will be happy to come outside to help
- Our offices have clear visual and physical reminders of social distancing to help reduce any chance of contact
- On-demand video tours and 360-degree images are available for more boats every week
- PDF contracts using Adobe Sign allow easy completion at a distance, minimising physical contact and travel
In addition, if any owners or buyers consider themselves to be at heightened risk, please tell us. We can create a schedule to allow 72hrs between any people being on board. If you are looking at boats with other brokers, check and see that they have similar measures in place. If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit our offices, we are able to help remotely with extra pictures and video tours, and can even discuss the possibility of securing the boat you are interested in until you are better.
We hope that you will support us in our aim to minimise risk and keep our customers and team safe. If you have any concerns or suggestions relating to our Covid Secure procedures please contact us and we will be happy to provide further details of the measures we are taking, and why.
Finally, the team at Clarke and Carter would like to wish you all good health, and thank you for your continued support both now and across the years.